Beauty

Vixen & Blush

12/12/2013 11:51:00 am

http://vixenandblush.com/
 
I have been on a mission to grow my hair for the past year or so. I have tried every product under the sun that promises to help with hair growth and nothing seems to have made a difference!
During the summer I had a fringe cut in, this made me a little happier with my hair but standard me... I got bored with it again!
 
I hadn't really considered having hair extensions as I was so determined to get my own hair to the desired length, however as this seemed to be failing miserably I started to do some research, if I was going to have extensions I wanted the best possible.
 
This is when I came across Vixen & Blush, opened in 2011 by Salon Owner Sarah and run by herself and Danielle, a hairdresser with over 10 years experience, who joined the salon in 2013.
The two of them run the salon day to day meeting clients preparing the hair in house, allowing them to colour match perfectly, making the whole experience carefree and relaxing for every client.
The Russian hair that Vixen & Blush use is the best hair available in the world, imported directly from Russia and never from any factories.
 
I arranged a consultation at the salon to discuss my options. The salon is located in Wandsworth, a stones throw away from busy Clapham. It's elegant décor and shelves stacked high with Moroccan Oil products makes it a hair haven for everyone!!
 
The salon offers two methods of applying the extensions, Micro Rings and Micro Bonding. The Micro Ring method is when small copper ringlets are used to fit the handmade hair to the clients natural hair.
The Micro Bonding method is where the hair is applied to the natural hair using a keratin resin which acts as a glue to bond the extensions to the natural hair.
This was the method I chose to go for. I was then colour matched, my hair is a mixture of bright blonde and beige blonde, when put up next to my hair the colour match was unbelievable! I did not want too much length added to my hair, so Danielle suggested I go for 18" extension which will then be cut into shape one the extensions are in place.
I had mixed feeling of nerves and excitement about having the extensions done, I have seen some really bad ones in my time but Danielle made me feel really relaxed, I left my hairs fate in her hands!
Before
After
I had half a heads worth of hair installed, Danielle left the underneath and sides clear so I still have the option to wear my hair up (which was one of my worries when originally considering extensions). The whole process took around 3 hours and I could not be happier with the results. Excuse my unmade face in the pictures above!! I Absolutely LOVE my new hair. The colour match is perfect, the cut and length is amazing and most amazing of all, they are so light that I don't even feel like I have them in!
Danielle advised me to leave them in for 2 and half months maximum, and during that time it may need some maintenance. It is so important to look after the extensions, this will make them last longer and also benefit your natural hair in the long run.

For anyone in need of a boost of confidence and a head of beautiful hair, make Vixen & Blush your first point of call.

Vixen & Blush-593 Wandsworth Road, Clapham, SW8 3JD
Contact:  0207 738 8388
Email: hairextensions@vixenandblush.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments